Comments only work on Posts not Pages, but other themes work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kartrank

kartrank

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:33 AM

Hello all you Pagelines Pros out there! I have tried like crazy to figure this one out, and searched all through the wordpress and PageLines forums for a solution but nothing yet. The comments field is not showing up on my Pages:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I thought it might be be because the page was using a Custom Template, so I checked a page using the default and it was missing there too:

But the comments field seems to work perfectly fine on Posts:

I know the comments worked at one time, so I'm not sure what I did to break them. Following the advice given in other threads, I have tried deactivating ALL plugins, I also tried removing all Custom CSS with no luck. I have checked every setting in both Wordpress and Pagelines, and I definitely have the Settings->Discussion set up correctly as well as the "Allow Comments" control on the individual pages set up correctly. To my knowledge PageLines doesn't have any additional comment controls (at least I couldn't find any). I am fairly convinced the issue is in PageLines because if I change themes to TwentyEleven (Wordpress default) the comments work fine. I even downloaded a fresh copy of PageLines 2.1.6 and FTP'd in new copies of a lot of the php files hoping to get lucky. I would certainly appreciate any help!

#2 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

When you are in the WordPress Admin what are the settings under Settings > Discussion? Is "Allow people to post comments on new articles" checked?

#3 kartrank

kartrank

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:13 AM

All "Default Article Settings" are checked including that one, first 3 "Other Comment Settings" unchecked, last 2 checked. On the pages themselves when editing, "Allow comments" is checked under the Discussion section.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15818 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

Hi Kartrank, Can you login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Templates > select your custom template and then click on the "Content Area" so it highlights blue. Then view the active sections and see if you have the "Comments" section active on your template, view the image below to see what I am referring too.

#5 kartrank

kartrank

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Wow I feel pretty dumb right now. I looked around in the template section for exactly that several times and completely missed it. It is kind of crazy how many places control comment display. Thanks a bunch Danny!