3 replies to this topic

#1 jordydme

jordydme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hi, a few years ago I purchased the developer suite and haven't be back here in a while. I see much has changed. I don't see any of the original themes here except for iblogPro. I just re-downloaded the theme pack and it's got all the old themes in it. What do I need to do now? Not sure about the difference between "platform pro" and "pagelines framework." Are they one and the same? What do I need to build a site on say...whitehouse pro. I have the old developer's license. Do I need anything else? Are you still supporting those old core themes?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

We do still support the old core themes. PlatformPro is quite different from PageLines Framework, which is really the best way to go today, with vast improvements over the old core themes. We don't, as yet, have a child theme for WhiteHouse Pro developed for PageLines Framework. Of the older themes, only iBlogPro5 (our most popular) was made into a child, so far. Actually, the iBlogPro you may see (5) isn't a stand-alone theme. It only works with PageLines Framework. Since you had a dev license, you may want to write to hello@pagelines.com to ask about upgrading options for PageLines Framework. If you're having problems with an older theme, we can provide support, but there's few of the old timers like me around who still know much about them. Before I kick the bucket, I'd suggest you upgrade!

#3 jordydme

jordydme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

Thanks, I'll write pagelines. So you don't recommend building on the old whitehouse pro theme?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

It'll be difficult to build on the old WhiteHousePro theme if you plan on having a lot of customizations done. I don't think it's as flexible as PageLines Framework (you can read a summary of PageLines Framework's features here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

).