• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 doeyjavis

doeyjavis

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

My apologies for no link to the url, but I'm using Instant Wordpress to try and develop a site to replace an existing one.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is place the universal sidebar in the header and add the sticky effects to it like this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to put the .js plugin file into the functions.php located in the customize plugin. the included file looks like:

which I then use this to place in the header area to call, no?

but when I attempted all of this, it broke the theme saying pagelines didn't expect a $ in the functions.php line 41 or something.

If there is any way you all can help this noob figure it out that would be awesome. I also tried contacting a pro to figure it out, but to no avail. I fully expect it's me not knowing what the heck I'm doing, and even a point in the right direction would be greatly helpful. Thanks.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hi, WordPress uses a later version of jQuery. Realistically, this is a job for one of our Pros and is likely not to be an easy task even for a developer. For example, one cannot use $ but must use jQuery(). One suggestion might be to use the Content Box, rather than the Universal Sidebar, though I believe you'll still require the help of one of our Pros -

I apologize. This is somewhat outside the scope of forum support.

#3 doeyjavis

doeyjavis

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

I thought it might be, but wanted to give it a shot anyway. I'll try another pro. Thanks!