Adding a logo next to the Website Name and Description

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 10yearitch

10yearitch

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Hi, I wanted to add a logo to the left of the Site Title and Tag Line. The site title and tag line are getting picked from the wordpress settings (general). Please advice. Thanks, Madhu

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

Madhu, you have two options. One is to upload a logo to replace the text using Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Website Setup > Custom Header Image. The other, if you prefer keeping the text would be to use a hook. For that, you'll want the PageLines Customize plugin. See:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and

for the information you'll need.

#3 10yearitch

10yearitch

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

@rangelone ... thanks for the answer. I am not a tech person so would need a little bit more help. I want to keep the current Title and Tagline. I wanted to add the logo in front. Like you mentioned, I have activated the Customize Plugin. But I am not sure what to write in the code :( Would you be able to help? Thanks in advance, Madhu

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Madhu, We don't provide this level of custom answer normally, but let me try to help this time.

1. Add a graphic logo as described earlier using PageLines branding. That will align the logo left. 2. Add the code above to functions.php at the end of the file. 3. Add the following code to Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Custom Code > CSS Rules

4. You will need to create some additional CSS to style the text for the company name and separately, the subtitle. I've given you two unique classes you can use to do this. With these classes, you can set the font, color, hover, size, etc. More information on how to do this can be found here: