Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:17 PM
A couple of questions that I'm stumped on:
1) I used the following css on my site: www.familydanz.mpwclient.com to have an image repeated on x as then white below:
which looks great in firefox but on safari (haven't checked explorer or chrome yet) this doesn't seem to work and the top gets cut off (where there should be a gradient above it)...here's a pic of it...is there any way to work around this?
2) also, on safari, as you can see from this picture, the features slider isn't the same height as the blue behind it...there's extra blue below it...how can i fix this?
3) Lastly, I tried hiding the home page title with the following code but it didn't work even though it worked on another PL site I have...
Thanks so much for your help in advance!
Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:08 AM
1. This is caused by your custom CSS for your #header and the height being set to 130px. You will need to adjust this to resolve the problem.
2. You CSS has one part set to 260px, this is the cause of the issue.
Settings this to 300px should resolve the issue.
3. Try this instead.
Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:19 PM
Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:23 PM
Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:14 AM
1) I set my header to auto and it fixed the issue in safari but the problem is that I want to decrease the space between the navigation bar and the features/content area below it. What would be the "correct" cross-browser compliant way to do that instead of setting it the height to 130px?
I think the top margin for the features area would need to be adjusted (further documentation: ).
2) by setting this to 300px, after fixing the above issue, I now have all this extra blue below and above the features area--how would I get the features area to be flush with the slider which is my goal?
Are you only seeing this in IE? (I don't see the issue in Firefox)
3)I tried your code and it didn't work. I placed it into the custom css area...
Try this CSS instead:
Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:29 AM
Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:15 PM
Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:26 PM