Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Use Google font in navigation

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I've installed the Google fonts plugin, and managed to get the fonts that I want working for the content and headings, however, I can't seem to get them to affect the font used in the navigation and footer. I've trawled the forums for an answer to this, and tried using Firebug but can't seem to solve it. Can anyone help? www.tsctheatretots.co.uk

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I think it may be because your navigation includes links. When I inspect using Firebug, I get this selector for your navigation links: [code]li.menu-item[/code] So the selector you'd need to use in the CSS is: [code]li.menu-item a[/code]

Posted · Report post

Can't find that in Firebug either, I'm afraid. So if I wanted to use the Google font 'Handlee' in the nab bar what would the CSS code be? Thanks for your help.

Posted · Report post

Hi, Make sure you have the Google WebFonts plug-in installed and active and then add this code to either your style.css of your child theme or the PageLines customisation plug-in. You could also add it to the Settings > Custom Code. [code].main_nav li a { font-family: 'Handlee', cursive; }[/code]

Posted · Report post

Ace! Thanks.