#1 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 307 posts
  • LocationBreda, The Netherlands

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hi,

Is there a way to deselect or reset a page override on a specific page?
The other day I had pressed another layout, but I didn't succeed in getting it back the the sitewide setting only by deleting the page and re-creating it. But that felt quite drastic. Thanks for any ideas.

Posted Image

Kind regards, Jan

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

On your page editor, there should be page layout settings in the PageLines Settings (after the text/HTML editor).

#3 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 307 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hi Catrina

I have the following layout on the page editor screen:
Posted Image
I'm beginning to wonder if I have a corrupted Framework install since my other question about the missing template dropdown on this same page seems to fall in this category too.

Hope you have any ideas.

Jan

#4 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 307 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

Sorry Catrina if I'm wrong, but you might have misread my question and I your answer. I have a Select Page Lay out selector in the Pagelines Meta Settings on that page but when I select a certain lay-out button I'm not able to de-select it or reset it to set the page back to default lay-out mode without having to delete the page and recreating it. Jan

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16376 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hi Jan, Do you mean you want to be able to change the layout of a page and if you don't like that layout, change it back to the site wide defaults ? If so, you simply select the layout that is the default on, for example if you site wide default is full width and you select the two sidebars on left for a page. But then want to change it back to the site wide defaults, simply select the full width layout.

#6 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 307 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hi Danny, thanks for your reply. But what then if I change the site wide default after I've done that. I'm afraid it won't change the page that I manually set to the previous default. Hopefully this is clear. Jan

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

Sorry, just to make sure I'm understanding: So if you change the site wide default setting after changing the layout for one specific page, you're concerned that site wide default will not work for all of your pages?

#8 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 307 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hi Catrina, that's correct. Jan

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16376 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Hi Jan, Site wide defaults have been implemented to mass change the layout of all pages, then you can change the layout of specific pages using the PageLines Meta Settings. If you change the Site wide defaults, this will change the layout for pages that have no specific page layout chosen on the PageLines Meta Settings. If this isn't working for you, then I recommend you disable all active plug-ins, as a plug-in may be causing an issue.

#10 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 307 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Hi Danny, I'm afraid that I've still not been clear enough. Imagine that I have a website with a sitewide default for one sidebar on the left left and one on the right. I also have overriden that layout on one of the pages to only have one sidebar on the right. Imaging now that after a while I conclude that this was not a good idea and I want to reset that pages layout to behave like the site wide default with one sidebar on the left and one on the right. I could of course choose the same layout (as site wide) in the metapanel, but that would still not reconnect the page with the default site-wide layout. Because when I would again change the site-wide layout to e.g. two sidebars on the right I would have to manually choose that new site-wide layout also in the overriden page in the meta panel. For that I guess you'll have to have a button in the meta panel of the overriden page to deselect or reset any overrides. Hopefully I was clear enough now. Of course this only will occur when someone is really experimenting a lot with the site layout instead of designing it beforehand, this might not happen often, but I found it missing as a feature. Jan

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

I understand now what you mean. I can add this as a feature request in a weekly report.

#12 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 307 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

If you feel it would be added value too that would be great. Thank you!

#13 timbonner

timbonner

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMusselburgh, UK
  • Framework Version:Professional

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

I've currently changed the layout of my site and I want to remove the single page layouts for a number of pages that I had set up on single posts.

Is there a way of doing that without having to go into each page and changing the selection? That is very time-consuming.. I just want to use the default page settings. ie, remove all of the single post meta settings I have set up.

This thread was discussing it but I can't see that there was ever a solution.

Thanks.

#14 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

Hello Timbonner 

Please could you start a new Topic with your request and we can look at helping you out.