Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Different color Callout Action Text buttons

Question

Posted · Report post

Does anyone know how to make two different color buttons using [Callout Action Text]? Currently, we are using images as a work around, placing images of different color buttons on the page (as shown on the http://uwmd2l.org/). However, for accessibility reasons it would be ideal if we could use the [Callout Action Text] within PageLines rather than images. We just need to make the buttons different colors.

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

You will need to change the CSS for the callout buttons. Use this and change it to how you want it to look (this is a white #FFFFFF to grey #DCDCDC gradient): [code].section-callout .button { background: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , #FFFFFF 0%, #DCDCDC 100%) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; }[/code] Add to custom code -> custom css.

Posted · Report post

Thanks simple_mama. I've already been able to change the color of the callout buttons universally across the site using code similar to what you suggested. However, I need to make the buttons TWO DIFFERENT colors on the same page. For example, one button color is yellow and a second button on the same page is black. Any clue as to how to do this? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Posted · Report post

Ahh.. gotcha. In order to get 2 callouts on the same page, as you've noticed, you have to clone the section. Your HTML shows: [code]
[/code] So you can write CSS for the first one as: [code].section-callout { }[/code] And for the second one as: [code].section-callout.clone_2 { }[/code] Hope that helps :)

Posted · Report post

Awesome, Jenny! Thanks, that works on FireFox, but the colors aren't displaying in Chrome or IE. I'm sure this is a pretty common issue. Do you know how I can change the code (or find a resources) to ensure that the colors display on multiple browser? Thanks a ton!

Posted · Report post

I think I figured it out. Here is what I used: [code] .section-callout .button { background: #FFC20E; /* for non-css3 browsers */ filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#FFFFFF', endColorstr='#FFC20E'); /* for IE */ background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#FFF), to(#FFC20E)); /* for webkit browsers */ background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #FFF, #FFC20E); /* for firefox 3.6+ */ } .section-callout.clone_2 .button { color: #FFFFFF; background: #000000; /* for non-css3 browsers */ filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#999999', endColorstr='#000000'); /* for IE */ background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#999999), to(#000000)); /* for webkit browsers */ background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #999999, #000000); /* for firefox 3.6+ */ } [/code]

Posted · Report post

Glad you were able to resolve that!

Posted · Report post

You're welcome, @uwmltc! If you consider this topic resolved, please "accept" an answer. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

One more thing, how can I change the hover color or remove the hover color to be the same as the background color? Again, each callout is a separate color. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Try adding a :hover after each one, like: [code].section-callout .button:hover { background: #FFC20E; /* for non-css3 browsers */ filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#FFFFFF', endColorstr='#FFC20E'); /* for IE */ background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#FFF), to(#FFC20E)); /* for webkit browsers */ background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #FFF, #FFC20E); /* for firefox 3.6+ */ } [/code] I'm not sure if it will work but it's worth a try. :)

Posted · Report post

Awesome, thanks!

Posted · Report post

No problem. I'll accept an answer for you.