Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved post clips size

Question

Posted · Report post

post clip image is served in full size. i am talking about magazine mode. how to change that? it does slow down my page.

40 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Jan, If I understand you correctly, do you want to change the image size in Magazine mode ? Also can you provide a link to your site please or is this local ?

Posted · Report post

yes you understand correctly. just standard instalation with blog in magazine mode.

Posted · Report post

thats the solution. Took a while but thank you both to @simon and @simple_mama

add_filter( 'post_thumbnail_size', 'my_post_image_size' ); function my_post_image_size( $size ) {
	    if ( is_single() )
	        return $size;
	    else
	        return 'medium';
	}

topic closed!

Posted · Report post

do you mind to give me an working example of this filter, so i could play with this code? i have no idea about php.

Posted · Report post

If you inspect the magazine image using Firebug (or similar) you will see the following:

[/code]

And the CSS shows:

[code]element.style { max-width: 150px; width: 25%; }
Which means it is inline CSS styling. To change this, you will need to adjust both the max-width and the width values to whatever you want. To make sure it only applies to the clip's CSS, you'll need to start out by using
.clip_box

.. and then go from there using the CSS from the link I posted at the top.

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a PHP person either and I'm not a developer. : I think @simon would be better at explaining. An explanation from me may not be the best! Tutorials that describe WP filters more in-depth and have examples may be helpful, though.

Posted · Report post

i don t want to resize down the image, i want to load thumbnail instead. As i can see the image is using class img.attachment-large.wp-post-image Is magazine mode, a pagelines functionality or it comes from wordpress? if it pagelines layout, then it should be modified, i dont see a reason to load full size image on post list.

Posted · Report post

The file would be class.posts.php function is post_thumbnail_markup() I strongly suggest to not edit this or any file! There is a filter supplied in this function for you to change the markup:

return apply_filters( 'pagelines_thumb_markup', $output, $mode, $format );

Posted · Report post

magazine mode uses the thumb images for the image if they exist.

Posted · Report post

@jankowalski Send me your URL via PM with the thumb on top as your current layout, as well as your desired thumb size, and I'll see if I can hack it with CSS, if you'd like.

Posted · Report post

how do i create thumbs, in admin panel, in settings / Media i set thumbnails 100 x 150 in Media / libary this particular picture is 600 x 400 px how do i make sure i have thumb generated for this picture thou? i guess i do not have, if full size pictures are loading on blog page.

Posted · Report post

Hi Jan, Are you by any chance using the "Feature Post Excerpt Mode" option "On Top" ?

Posted · Report post

yes @danny i do use this option

Posted · Report post

OK, because I just used that option and found that the image was also full size, I think this may well be a bug with that option (nice catch). I'll add this to the tracker on your behalf, thanks for bring this to our attention.

Posted · Report post

The image on top option is supposed to be full size, thats the idea