Footer margin=0

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mmbeenen

mmbeenen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

Hi, I have version and I'm trying to make the footer stay at the bottom. It's not a problem when the text is long enough but on a few pages, there is a space under the footer, which looks very ugly.. Can any one tell what to do??? Thanks in advance.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hello, I apologise but I am not quite sure what you're referring too. Would it be possible to reply and go into greater detail please. As I have viewed all your pages and can not see any space under the footer.

#3 mmbeenen

mmbeenen

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

It is mostly if you have a big screen, on a laptop there is no problem. My screen size is 1680x1050 and then there is space on 2 pages. So there, I'd like to have the margin to bottom to be 0 but it's not, there is space under it. I guess that the footer is now just set from the top, to be immediately under the container, so I'd need to change that. Is it any clearer? If not let me know and I'll try to refine even more :-)

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hi, Yeah I see what you mean now, unfortunately, my MacbookPro is only the 15" one. I had to view your page in full screen mode. However, when I view your page in this mode and enable Chromes Web Dev tool but area underneath the footer is gone. My PC's monster display died on me the other night (great timing with Diablo 3 being released :( ) So if you don't mind you will have to wait for another support team member to view your issue, I apologise I couldn't be more helpful.

#5 wren

wren

Advanced Member

• Members

• 60 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hi, I"m having the same problem only on my home page. The whole site works fine but I disabled my footer on my Home page and the whole page is acting squirrel-y. It won't remain static, instead, the background image rolls up and down and the footer doesn't "reach the bottom of the page", I have a white margin at the bottom of the page. What can I do to stabilize this page?

#6 wren

wren

Advanced Member

• Members

• 60 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hi, I've dinked around a bit and got the watermark bar in the footer to tack down to the bottom of the page. But the scrolling problem on the background image continues to be a problem. So now the white margin is covering a part of the scrolling background. What can I do to get the background to remain static and get rid of that white margin? I'm also wondering if it's possible to place boxes in the content area on the right hand side of the screen? Can boxes be stacked vertically in the Content area?

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hi Wren, For forum search reasons, would it be possible for you to create a new top and also a link to your website please.

#8 adminsihr2012

adminsihr2012

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Dear All,

Same problem here. The Footer goes up when using big screens. How do we solve this? CSS?

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

@adminsihr2012 Can you please post a link to your site?

#10 adminsihr2012

adminsihr2012

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Dear Catrina,

Here's a good example: can't give you the link because I have an "under construction thing" on the website...

here's how it looks:

footer-up.jpg

Is there something I can add to the custom CSS to prevent this and stick the footer the the bottom of the page regardless of the size of the content and the screen?

Thank you.

#11 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

You could try the following, (if your site is in fixed width mode there will be a prefix in front of the footer, something like .fixed-width, you'll be able to find it in firebug, if it's full width use the below as it is)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content