Jigoshop Product Categories won't appear

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jasonnettles

jasonnettles

• Members

• 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

When I add a product category in either the "edit product" page or "jigoshop settings" it disappears when I update the page. I am trying to manage a store for a client who would like the navigation to be managed by product categories. In the jigoshop dashboard where it lists the amount of products, product tags, product categories, and attribute taxonomies, there is a only a blank space beside the product categories. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

The problem you're describing appears to be unrelated to the JigoShop integration. You should probably address that issue with JigoShop directly. Have you looked inside their forums for support? I found this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

If the categories are blank, are you sure categories have been created?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

Just looked at your site and I see you have some errors in the header and footer. Is your site properly set up? Is the JigoShop plugin installed correctly with the Base theme activated?

#5 jasonnettles

jasonnettles

• Members

• 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

It appears they have been created because when I tried to create them again, the slug was "exampletag-2." I did some rearranging and reinstalled the plugins, just to see if it would help. Thats when the errors occurred, it should be fixed now.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

So essentially it was an incorrect plugin set up. If that's the case, please accept this answer. Thanks.

#7 jasonnettles

jasonnettles

• Members

• 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

The problem still exists with creating product categories, I was just explaining the reason there was errors in the header and footer. I have tried everything I can think of

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

Jason, unfortunately, we do not produce or support Jigoshop itself. Only the interface between PageLines and Jigoshop. Support for the categories showing is an issue they'd have to provide. Nothing in the interface has anything to do with the categories. Even PageLines without JigoShop has nothing to do with WP categories. We only display and style what's in the system. If JigoShop isn't putting them properly into the database, I wouldn't have any idea how to support that. As I pointed out earlier, they have a forum and provide support for this.

#9 jasonnettles

jasonnettles

• Members

• 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

Here's what is appearing on my dashboard:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#10 stuart

stuart

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:09 AM

I'm having a similar problem. It was working just fine before I activated the plugin on another site within my wordpress multi-site. The product categories are not properly stored in the database for some reason.