Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Creating a Floating Contact Us Bar

Question

Posted · Report post

Does anyone have any ideas on good plugins or how to do this with css? I am looking to add a floating contact us bar just like is seen on this site: http://www.romneypestcontrol.com/index.php If I can do it without a plugin, that would be great. Otherwise, if you know of a good plugin that is trustworthy that would work as well. Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HTML can be used to add it and CSS can be used to style it. For example... HTML (can be added using a hook): [code]
Contact info here
[/code] CSS (added to Custom Code > Custom CSS): [code]div.contactbar {margin: 0 auto; background-color: #xxxxxx; color: #xxxxxx; background-attachment: fixed;}[/code] ^ This CSS can be further customized using more CSS attributes here: http://w3schools.com/css/default.asp Do you want this bar to appear on every page or just the homepage?

Posted · Report post

Thanks! Just now getting to sit down and do some more design so I will try this. I would like it on every page.

Posted · Report post

Just an FYI... I tried to access romneypestcontrol.com and my anti-virus blocked it.

Posted · Report post

Hmm, my anti-virus didn't go off on that site. That one isn't my site, though as we were simply looking to create one that looked similar to it. Thanks! Also, I opted to use the Quick Notice Bar Pro plugin to accomplish this.