Photo
- - - - -

Setting Up A Photo Gallery (With Voting Capabilities)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 serving_spirit

serving_spirit

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

Hi there, I'm currently using Platform Pro, and I want to put together a Photo Contest (where visitors can vote on best image.) Because I am new, I was wondering if any of your current plugins or sections could be appropriate for this (before I purchase them)? I would like to run the contest from a static page and not a blog post if possible. (Please don't recommend the Wordpress plugin: Photo Contest because I'm 95% sure its malware.) Finally, if I use the nextgen-gallery, will Wordpress Plugins that create voting capability for it work on the Platform Theme? Thanks a lot for the help! ~Katie

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

I found this plugin that allows voting capability for the NextGEN gallery:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You can install it to try it out and see how it works.

#3 serving_spirit

serving_spirit

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

I'm going to try this and I'll let ya know! Thank you.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Keep us posted.

#5 serving_spirit

serving_spirit

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

Just an update, I used NextGen Gallery, and it works, but it looks like bunk. Abandoning the project until I get some better CSS skills or until someone invents a better plugin for this kind of thing.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16392 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

Hi Katie, Can you provide a link so we can see this first hand I will try to assist you.

#7 serving_spirit

serving_spirit

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

Dear Danny, Thank you for the offer, but we have had to abandon the photo contest project because it was taking too long to set up. We can't invest anymore hours in it at this point, though we may come back to it in the future if things slow down. Genuine thank you though! ~Katie

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16392 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hi Katie, I just this moment did a quick search for you and found this Nextgen Gallery addon, it may be just what you've been looking for.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I haven't tested this, with Platform Pro/PageLines Framework, but there is no harm in giving a try yourself and see if it does the job for you.