Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Setting Up A Photo Gallery (With Voting Capabilities)

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, I'm currently using Platform Pro, and I want to put together a Photo Contest (where visitors can vote on best image.) Because I am new, I was wondering if any of your current plugins or sections could be appropriate for this (before I purchase them)? I would like to run the contest from a static page and not a blog post if possible. (Please don't recommend the Wordpress plugin: Photo Contest because I'm 95% sure its malware.) Finally, if I use the nextgen-gallery, will Wordpress Plugins that create voting capability for it work on the Platform Theme? Thanks a lot for the help! ~Katie

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I'm going to try this and I'll let ya know! Thank you.

Posted · Report post

Keep us posted.

Posted · Report post

Just an update, I used NextGen Gallery, and it works, but it looks like bunk. Abandoning the project until I get some better CSS skills or until someone invents a better plugin for this kind of thing.

Posted · Report post

Dear Danny, Thank you for the offer, but we have had to abandon the photo contest project because it was taking too long to set up. We can't invest anymore hours in it at this point, though we may come back to it in the future if things slow down. Genuine thank you though! ~Katie

Posted · Report post

Hi Katie, I just this moment did a quick search for you and found this Nextgen Gallery addon, it may be just what you've been looking for. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-gallery-voting/ I haven't tested this, with Platform Pro/PageLines Framework, but there is no harm in giving a try yourself and see if it does the job for you.

Posted · Report post

Hi Katie, Can you provide a link so we can see this first hand I will try to assist you.