5 replies to this topic

#1 tomerus

tomerus

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

HI guys,

I`m going crazy! have installed bbpress on my site (paglines pro) and everything works great exept... the bbpress search function. When I try a search I get a page showing my features menu sidebars etc but no search results. When I look in my admin bar it show template:reply but shouldn`t this be template: search?
Here is what I mean website
Try a search for a word that is in the forum. for example "alligator"
Please help out and I don`t know any css
Thank you in advance!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hi, The default Wordpress search doesn't search for bbPress forums, topics or replies I don't think. Therefore, you will probably need to use the bbPress search widget - http://wordpress.org...et/screenshots/

#3 tomerus

tomerus

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

I`m sorry I`ve should have mentioned that but I already use the bbpress search widget. In fact I have used all bbpress type of search widgets the all work and install great but when I do a search I see No results. Yet my admin bar shows template: forum archive I`ve tried everything, put the bbpress loop on every page but still no results, just blank pages (exept) for the sidebars etc) The normal Pagelines search box works but ofcourse shows no forum search results. Please help

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17124 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hi Tomerus, I just installed and activated this plugin - http://wordpress.org...search-bbpress/ Which appears to be working, it basically enhances the default Wordpress Search to include bbPress forum topics.

#5 jankowalski

jankowalski

Advocate

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

@ninja i have installed search-bbpress but there is some conflict.

try to search for "reggae" on my site. instead of topic list, you will get directy single topic containing this word.

any suggestion?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Jan,

This topic is outdated.  If you're having an issue, please open a new topic and we'll be happy to reply to it. Unfortunately, tagging onto someone else's topic is considered hijacking a topic.  When you post, please include more details to help us help you all the better. 

Thanks for understanding.