#21 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

You need to adjust the padding of the branding area to move it up.

#22 buildingblocks

buildingblocks

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hi there, I have been working my way through this all afternoon. I manage to make some success using the code above (thank you!), and then suddenly the nav bar reverts back to its original limited-width setting. I don't know what is going on. I swapped the last bit of code for another that I found which worked for awhile, but it's now back to the way it was. I am just trying to make the main nav bar full-width color. I have scoured this forum and have tried everything to get it to stick but don't understand what's going wrong. I appreciate your help! The current code looks like this: /* MENU FULL WIDTH */ #nav .content-pad, #secondnav .content-pad { padding-bottom: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; } #nav {background:#104E8B !important;} .navigation_wrap { border:none !important; } And the site is www.buildingblocksalamedacounty.org I should also note that in order to get text next to my branding section, I FTP'd into my site and have made some direct edits to the Pagelines Customization .php and .css files, but nothing to do with the main_nav! Thank you, Dianna

#23 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:11 AM

Dianna, Do you have a Cache plugin on your site? If so, clear the cache. I see the nav bar in blue, full width. So, obviously, it worked. If you don't have a cache plugin, clear your browser cache and you should see it. Looks great.

#24 buildingblocks

buildingblocks

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

It actually started working again right after I sent you the email, but I didn't want to jinx it and tell you to forget it. I honestly wasn't expecting it to still be there in the morning, but it appears stable. Fingers crossed! Thank you.