Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

Sorry to rehash this item: But I did not get a final answer here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

@pross: Simon, you had indicated that you were able to get it to work NP... I cannot. Can you provide soem insight as to what you did?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hi WebWerx, On the test site I tested where I said it wan't working on the other topic, I had the following plug-ins active: BuddyPress BuddyPress Template Pack BuddyPress for PageLInes bbPress bbPress PageLines plug-in Co-Author JigoShop JigoShop for PageLines When I disabled these plug-ins the Relevanssi index worked and therefore the search worked. So do you have any of these plug-ins active? I need to investigate this further, to see if one of any of them were the culprit, so you informing me if you have any active would be very helpful.

#3 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Hey @Danny! I have none of them installed. How about I disable all of my plugins to see what happens? BTW, it indexes perfectly. It's just that the results I get in a search are from WordPress.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hi Webwerx, hmmm.. OK, can you disable all plug-ins and then see if the search works correctly.

#5 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

NADA.... Do you want to have a look at the backend for yourself @Danny?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

I think we can trust you to disable plugins and test. You're a well-experienced client! We have faith in you!

#7 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

Thanks @rangelone. But it seems my experience is limited in this area. I have 2 thoughts: 1) perhaps my host is blocking the use of this plugin 2) try things with TwentyTen and see what happens Thoughts / comments? @Danny: have you given up? ;-)

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

Danny works on British time, so he's here early. I'm sure you're capable of more than 2 thoughts. 1. Unlikely. Why would they block a search engine? However, it's possible the plugin uses too many memory resources. Or, if you have cache, that's blocking it. Find out from the host what the PHP memory allocation is. 2. That's always a good try, but use Twenty Eleven. Send Danny a little note to his Inbox to alert him to this, if those tests don't work.

#9 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

@Danny & @rangealone: Update (on my limited thought process) >>>> 1) I approached my host (WPENGINE) to see if this plugin was on their Blacklist (they have one). It is not. 2) I could not not find TwentyTwelve ( sorry @rangealone)... So I tried a previous vintage. Guess what? The plugin does not work..... So PL is off the hook. WPENGINE support staff have committed to testing this plugin for me. Say what? Yes really.... Nevertheless, I know you guys are both waiting with baited breath as to the outcome... which I will post. At the moment I have bigger (font family) fish to fry with @hperkins. @Danny: I don't get his" American humour" at all... Canada eh! ;-)

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

Hi WebWerx, Thanks for informing us that this was not PL related and yes British humor > American humor :D U have accepted your answer, when you host responds to you let us know what they suggest.

#11 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

@ Danny :-)