Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Post loop not showing up

Question

Posted · Report post

All of my templates (default, and 1-5) all have PostLoop as an Active Section in the Content Area but no posts show up on any pages that are created using these templates. Am I missing some other setting? Thanks, John

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

John, Do you have a cache plugin active? If so, clear the cache. If not, try clearing the browser's cache. I see posts everywhere. Which browser are you using that you don't see the loop in?

Posted · Report post

Make sure that the "Content" section is active in these template's "Page Section" area.

Posted · Report post

Hi John, Do as Henry suggested and make sure the Content Section is active and also which page are you trying to display your posts on?

Posted · Report post

@rangelone: No I do not have a cache plugin installed. @Henry, @Danny: Yes the Content section is active and within the Content Area I have the PostLoop in the Active sections. What I was trying to do was create a custom page to use as the home page and I wanted to feature excerpts with links to some of the most recents posts on this page. So I tried to create a template that had the PostLoop as part of its content but I couldn't get the posts to show up. Is this not the right way to do this? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the PostLoop is.

Posted · Report post

Hi John, The Postloop doesn't work on a static homepage like it does on the Blog static page. If you wish to display posts on your homepage, I recommend you give the Special Recent Posts plug-in a try. Hope this helps!

Posted · Report post

@johnwood Is your issue resolved or...?

Posted · Report post

Thanks @Danny for the advice. Yes, @catrina, issue is resolved now. Thanks.