Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Callout is responsive when site is static

Question

Posted · Report post

All of a sudden the callout section is window with ? Is that a correct word ? I have set the site to be static but now the callout section is behaving strange. I cant se that I have done anything that would make this happen. Any suggestions from you guys/girls

73 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hehe, sorry i did not put anything in it. try now :-) I uploaded a pic as well but it doesn't show ?

Posted · Report post

Hi Peter, OK, I am at a loss to be honest. I am not sure how this happend. You say you have disabled all active plug-ins, you have not add any custom HTML to your pages, leaving a
open or closed somewhere and you havent added any custom code or functions. I am not even able to recreate the issue either, I have added a Callout section to the Morefoot area and it works as intended. Can you not think anything you may have done that would have caused this.

Posted · Report post

Hi Daniel, the only thing i can think of is what I said before. Next Gen gallery froze at one time and the only thing I could do was to remove the plug in from my ftp. I could not remove it from within Word Press. Since then I can't use Next Gen. It freezes every time. This however was some time ago. And the Call out section has worked just fine before and after that. The issue at hand I noticed the same day i posted this thread.

Posted · Report post

Peter, This is extreme, so if you're not MySQL proficient, don't do it. If you are really good with it, then login to your site's PhpMyAdmin and look in your WP database to see if there are any NextGen tables. If there are, backup the entire database, then try deleting ONLY those NextGen tables. If you'd prefer, before doing that, we could schedule a screen sharing session and have a look around. Please let me know your choice.

Posted · Report post

@rangelon if you have the time I would be happy to share the screen with you! Any time you can. I would really appreciate that.

Posted · Report post

Went in there and found lots of Nex Gen lines... Tempted to push delete on those lines. But I will waite for you. Dont want to mess things up. Even though it looks pretty straight forward.

Posted · Report post

Let's schedule this for 2PM EST (New York time) Wednesday. I imagine it's rather late there.

Posted · Report post

Peter, thank you for the screen sharing opportunity. I'd suggest temporarily changing the code Catrina gave you from 90% to 80% or less (depending on how it fits) and meanwhile we'll work on the database issues.

Posted · Report post

Thansk for the session! Here are the second pic. The overview. The first is when I click into Next Gen gallery row 7 [img]http://pehjaproduktion.se/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Sk?¤rmavbild-2012-05-08-kl.-23.20.54.png[/img] [img]http://pehjaproduktion.se/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Sk?¤rmavbild-2012-05-08-kl.-23.20.16.png[/img]

Posted · Report post

The 3 databases are: wp_ngg_album wp_ngg_gallery wp_ngg_pictures Those are the ones to drop after you've completely backed up the entire database. Once they're gone, you should be able to reinstall NextGen, but before you do that, I'd suggest removing Catrina's CSS solution, as good as it was (copied to a text file, just in case) and see if the issue is fixed.

Posted · Report post

Let me know how this goes.

Posted · Report post

Ok Thanks! I will do this in the morning. As you said before it's running a bit late her now :-) I am not so familiar with this MySQL shit so I have to reed how to take a backup. But I will do this in the morning. Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it!

Posted · Report post

Anytime! Have a great night.

Posted · Report post

Sorry to say that removing those lines did NOT do the job :-( The callout is behaving the same. I have not tried to install Next Gen again but I will. It would be nice to at least have that back :-)

Posted · Report post

Does Next Gen still freeze your admin when you try to install it?

Posted · Report post

@Catrina YES it did! This is really starting to annoy me!

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure what the problem could be with Next Gen. Are you trying to use it for the Carousel?

Posted · Report post

No, I just wanted it to show pictures in a nice way across the site. I can live withiut Next Gen but it bothers me that I cant fix the problem that causes the call out to behave as it does. What will be the next problem ?

Posted · Report post

Hi Peter, There is no doubt in my mind that this Callout issue is related to the fact that your MoreFoot area is outside of the #site div. However, I have been unsuccessfully in my attempts to recreate this issue. Are you sure that you have not added any custom HTML anywhere in your header, sidebar or content area at all ? Is there nothing that comes to mind that you may have done that would cause this ?

Posted · Report post

Yes Danny, nothing what so ever! I have lots of site. But this one I have not done anything att all exept for installing wp and Page Line Framework. I have not added any plug ins that havent been tested on another site first.

Posted · Report post

Hi Peter, I know this must be very annoying but there has to be something, the Callout section doesn't function in this manner with a fresh install of Wordpress and PageLines. So I can try this myself, would it be possible for you to provide me with all the settings you have please, this includes the section order in templates too.

Posted · Report post

You can have access to the site if you want. It would be esier. And for the record the call out section behaves the same way wehere ever i put it. How ever I will provide you with pictures in a moment.

Posted · Report post

So where do you want me to send the pictures of the settings ?

Posted · Report post

Peter, use the Inbox above to send them to Danny and to me.

Posted · Report post

I thought perhaps you had a mailbox.... so i did not have to upload the pictures...