19 replies to this topic

#1 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:53 AM

I am in the process of uploading the site files and creating the db to make this available online. However, I am trying to use the QuickSlider on a local install on XAMPP and want to use relative links to the images; /wp-content/uploads/2012/05/nasturtiumsandseedlings1200x600.jpg as an example. The images show in the meta settings, however they do not show up in the site preview. Any reason why relative path would not show image? Thanks! Jan

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:05 AM

Have you tried using the full image URL to see if it's a URL issue and not an image visibility issue?

#3 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

Okay, site loaded.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'm sorry, is it working properly now or...?

#5 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

Hi Catrina. When I upload the files, I get the message below locally and on the web. Correcting the file path to the local directory doesn't resolve this issue.
Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in D:_pgardenswp-adminincludesimage.php on line 300
http://www.parceledgardens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/amishpaste1200x600.jpg

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

Can you try deactivating all active plugins (if any)? Did you make any edits to core files?

#7 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:13 AM

There are no active plugins and I have not modified any core files.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17643 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

Hi, Can you provide a link to your website please?

#9 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

It is parceledgardens.com.

#10 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

On the wiki gardens, the slider works;

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

but it is with Pagelines images.

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17643 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hi, To add images to the QUick Slider, simply go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Pages and select the page you have the quick slider on. Then scroll down to the PageLines Meta Settings and select the Quick Slider settings tab. From there you can set the options for the Quick Slider and upload your own images. These images will replace the default PageLines images.

#12 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Danny. I've added the images. They arent working. The issue is with the primary site, parceledgardens.com. That one has MY images added and are NOT working.

#13 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

Sorry, I'm just going to start over because it seems this answer back and forth is only giving incorrect suggestions to something that is not even an issue. My site is parceledgardens.com. Quickslider is not working with MY images in it. To verify it is not a SERVER side issue, the quickslider IS working with pagelines images on the wiki site. Please provide info relevant to my MAIN site, parceledgardens.com. Thanks.

#14 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

So instead of clicking "Upload Image" you are just entering the URL of the image you want displayed?

#15 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

Jan, the forum is geared towards helping people with live PageLines sites. It's always difficult for us to support a development site because we cannot analyze the effects of actions through the tools we use. Your site as it is now public, isn't in PageLines so there's nothing for us to support or analyze. When it is, we'll happily help you. I don't know why the slider isn't working but as Henry was asking, is the image linked or uploaded? That could be a reasonable cause. Catrina was absolutely correct to ask if you have plugins loaded because they can affect how things are read and people do install and activate them even in development stage. Danny too was correct to ask how you were doing things and explaining how they should be done.

#16 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

How is the site not public? It's uploaded to parceledgardens.com with Pagelines. I upload image, it doesn't work. I get the error message listed in the beginning. Danny gave me directions on how to upload images, which I already did, but was looking at the wiki site, which is not the site I was asking about. Should I start over from the beginning of the issue one more time?

#17 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:21 AM

Sorry, the default page is up during revisions. Forgot that. Some other issue with site not resolving now after uploading to the network. This is becoming a big PITA. Is there any way to use relative links or does it have to be the full URL?

#18 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17643 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hi, How are you adding the images to the slider, are you actually clicking the upload image button and then finding your images are you pasting the URL into the field ? Adding a relative URL to the field is not the correct way to add an image to the slider, you must use the Upload Image button. Please reply to this post, so we know if you're using the upload image button.

#19 jcaynes

jcaynes

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hi @Danny - sorry for the late reply. This was resolved by doing some kind of reinstall. I think the xml imported was corrupt, so a fresh start was required and all issues resolved after that.

#20 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17643 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for letting us know.