Brand nav and primary nav color

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 eclipsemusic

eclipsemusic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hi! I just started building my second site and confronted a problem right away... I've uploaded "the simple css lite" plugin and i've been controlling the navigation color with it. Is it possible to have different color text for the main navigation and the branding section navigation? Maybe with custom code? I've tried to insert few codes to the custom code section but I can't seem to get the colors right. Thanks!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

Do you have Firebug? If not, please install it to your Firefox browser through

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It's an amazing tool that will help you identify specific CSS elements, letting you test them live, then copying the positive results to your Custom Code > CSS Rules or Style.css (pagelines-customize plugin). To answer your question, yes, you can have a different font color for hover, in each and you may even have a different color for specific menu items in hover, active or other states. I'd suggest you look at

for additional resources with CSS and viewing page source in any menu you like here will give you greater insight into menu styling:

#3 eclipsemusic

eclipsemusic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

I have firebug and i still couldn't find the right command. I have used it successfully before. I couldn't change the brand navigation color even the firebug live preview. Can someone look at my page and give me some advice. Would be appreciated! Thank you!

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

Glad you have Firebug. It should help. How you're applying CSS is unclear. However, the question you asked was

"Is it possible to have different color text for the main navigation and the branding section navigation? Maybe with custom code?"

and I did answer that after looking at your site.

For each element in your menu, you'll find something like: menu-item-62 and you apply the CSS to the specific items. That's why you need to use Firebug - not just to find the elements but to combine them for custom CSS solutions. Unfortunately, I cannot write the CSS for you for each menu item.

#5 eclipsemusic

eclipsemusic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Okay I'll try to do that once more. Thanks.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Tracsd,

Please do not hijack someone else's topic. Kindly open a topic of your own. It is considered inappropriate to 'me too' a post by another member.