Navigation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pacificocean1001

pacificocean1001

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Hello, I am trying to make my blog page which acts as my home page in the nav bar of my site by being "home" in the nav bar. I created pages and established the nav bar, but I can not figure out how to make the viewer go home (blog page) after he/she visits a page. Is this possible? Thanks a lot!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Hi, first, you can go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and create your menu item "Home" there as a Custom Link, placing it as the top item (first one, left to right). How did you create the menu? Are you trying to automatically redirect them after they finish reading an article? I'm not sure how that would be done automatically, but, you should be able to add a link at the end of each post with something like "Return to Home" bringing your visitors/readers to the homepage.

#3 pacificocean1001

pacificocean1001

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hello rangeline, Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Basically I put each of my works on a single page, then used the parent and child feature in "pages" to make the nav bar work to my liking since I did not understand how to do that in Menus. I would like to ultimately make the nav bar have a button that says "home" but in actuality is it my "blog page".

#4 pacificocean1001

pacificocean1001

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hello rangelone, I did not mean to accept this to end the conversation. Can you please answer the last question? Thanks!