Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved How to change Font Size in Navigation Bar?

Question

Posted · Report post

I recenlty upgraded to Pagelines Framework from Platform Pro. My Navigation bar is now a tiny font. How do I change that size? Also, my widget sidebars no longer put a space between individual pages/post titles. Any idea how to change that?

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

You will need to add a couple CSS elements to make this work. Probably changing the font size on the .main nav li a will work. Keep in mind we can't design your site for you so if you need CSS help, make sure you've downloaded Firebug for Firefox and check out W3 Schools for more info. Also please be sure to watch our Firebug video tutorial here. If your site requires customization, you may wish to consider requesting a quote from one of our authorized Professional designers by visiting our Pros page. Common CSS Tweaks http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/15956/pagelines-framework-2.0-css-tweaks.#Item_1 http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/16222/common-questions-and-customizations#Item_2

Posted · Report post

Aggravating. It was perfect before I upgraded to Framework. Only upgraded b/c of the mobile upgrades.

Posted · Report post

If you look at the common CSS tweaks link I provided, you will see sample CSS in there to change font color of the menu. Just use that and change it for the font size. Also, make sure you've sent your fonts up in the Typography settings.

Posted · Report post

Found this with Firebug. Paste the following into Custom Code CSS and change the .9em value to whatever you want. This will change the size of your fixed menu font without having to use the Classic Navbar required for CSS Lite. .navbar .navline { font-size: .9em; }

Posted · Report post

Yes, the fonts in the navigation menu are fixed via CSS. Different fonts have different heights, so CSS was the most easily applied sizing solution. The code above can be adjusted up or down to change font size easily. Just add it to Custom Code > CSS Rules.

Posted · Report post

I used this code (which I found here somewhere) in the Custom Code box. Change the "1.2" to whatever value works best for you. .main-nav li a { font-size: 1.2em !important; }

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I was able to do this using CSS, but changing the font size of the main menu links using CSS is ridiculous! Very poor content management planning when you don't take into account a simple input for adjusting one of the most prominent (and arguably the most important) sections of the site :(

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Thank you Frank for that excellent reply.

Posted · Report post

I used this code (which I found here somewhere) in the Custom Code box. Change the "1.2" to whatever value works best for you. .main-nav li a { font-size: 1.2em !important; }

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!

I have tried ever stupid code in this whole forum, installed css lite, and looked through sexy-snips, but NOTHING worked. I don't know if the new framework prevented old code from working, but it seems like it would be very important to have at least an updated reference for the most common elements that may need custimzation.

Also, am I the only one who can't copy/paste text in their CSS field or copy text in Sexy Snips. It's ridiculous.

Seriously, do this.

Thanks.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.