jigoshop

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 jsbarnes

jsbarnes

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

I am trying to install the jigoshop for page lines plugin following these instructions

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

However thee is no option to install the plugin? Am I missgin something obvious? Do I need to upgrade to a professional licence? Thanks

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15059 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hi, The PageLines Jigoshop compatibility plug-in is only for PageLines Framework and not Platform Pro. If you wish to use JigoShop and PageLines, you will need to upgrade to the Framework. Therefore, I recommend you contact our helpdesk and inform them you wish to upgrade, as a current customer you're entitled for a limited time only to a discount. You can contact the helpdesk by using the email below: hello at pagelines dot com

#3 jsbarnes

jsbarnes

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for this I have bought and installed framework as suggested and have installed the PageLines Jigoshop compatibility plug-in. For some reason the header has all changed to align left (see

). Any ideas how to rectify. Also should I be seeing anything with regards to the PageLines Jigoshop compatibility plug-in or is this a behind the scenes plugin Thanks John

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

John, you may have inherited some older CSS from PlatformPro. Also, I'd recommend doing the JigoShop installation after setting up the site to your satisfaction. I'm pretty sure you've not activated the Base section as well (necessary for JigoShop). Let's start by deactivating both JigoShop (itself and the PageLines JigoShop integration plugin) and setting up the site per the guidance found at

We'll be happy to help you through the various steps as needed.

#5 jsbarnes

jsbarnes

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

thanks I have followed the guidance here on setting up and have just activated the base theme as per

Everything then went even more wrong so I have re-activated the pagelines framework theme for now I have to admit I am lost and confused here - all I want is a simple commerce solution for page lines and have been totally let down by Shopp. Everything I do seems to make the whole site more of a mess which I can't sort out and I have a very angry client on my back! Should I start again? help!

#6 jsbarnes

jsbarnes

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

In fact I have now had to refers back to Pagelines Pro just to get the site structure working again. Could you help by outlining the shoes I ned to take to get framework functioning properly with jigoshop and jigoshop for page lines fully functioning form here? I initially followed these instructions jigoshop

#7 jsbarnes

jsbarnes

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

I meant these

#8 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hi jsbarnes, Which version of Jigoshop are you trying to install? I know that 1.2 has been released, and I am not sure if that has been officially supported by the PageLines integration. If this is the case, I will bring this up with the developers this morning. Also, you should first install JigoShop from your Wordpress Plugin menu, then configure its settings. Once you've done that, install the Jigoshop integration plugin from the Store and all should be taken care of from there. Moving forward, please note which versions of the software you are using. Thank you, and please do not hesitate if you need more assistance.

#9 jsbarnes

jsbarnes

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Henry Yes I am on Jshop 1.2. I think I have pieced it all back together for now. I removed all plugins and started again. I assume that the Jigoshop integration plugin should allow me to make changes to the style of the shop via the page lines framework interface? For example I am having difficulty changing these 2 elements and would appreciate some advice... see

Firstly I can't get the thumbnail image top not be distorted Then I can't work out how to change the css for the light grey text below the thumbnail. Any help on these issues would be appreciated - ill keep on pressing buttons in the meantime hoping for the best! cheers John

#10 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

I'm awaiting feedback from the developers on complete compatibility with 1.2 and 2.1.6, but I can confirm that the next 2.x release of PageLines will fully support 1.2 with no issue.

As for customizing the way your store looks, you have two options. You can either

A ) Create your own Stylesheet based off of the one included with the integration

B ) Disable the Jigoshop CSS altogether and rely on edits to your PageLines custom CSS (either through PageLines-Customize plugin or Base Theme CSS files.

Posted Image

#11 jsbarnes

jsbarnes

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

one more question if you could. I am trying to get the secondary side bar only to appear on all shopping pages so that it can house the cart widget etc but I can't seem to achieve this? Thanks

#12 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

There is a great plugin called Widget Logic:

It allows you to specify on what pages your widgets will be displayed using Wordpress's conditional tags. You can learn more about the conditional tags here:

For example, if you only wanted your "Recent Posts" widget to display on your Shop page, you would add is_page('Shop') to the Widget Logic input field.

#13 jsbarnes

jsbarnes

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Thanks Henry, i'll give it a try. the thing that is really causing concern for me is that I have no contra, over the shop pages. So I can't remove the sidebar from all product pages by using the controls on the shop page. I may have got the wrong impassion here but the reason I upgraded to framework was because it was to allow me more drag and drop flexibility and integration with jigoshop. It seems I don't have any control over jigoshop at all, or no more than I had with page lines? Have i missed something? Thanks John

#14 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

How Jigoshop works in Wordpress is it automatically creates pages for things like Tracking Your Order, Checkout, Product Archives, the Shop itself, etc. You can define one template to use for all the pages, or a different template for each page. Once you have done that, you can define the layout and what appears on each of these templates, just like a normal PageLines page. The only difference is the "Content" section is replaced by Jigoshop. I hope that helps clarify the functionality PageLines offers even when working with third party plugins.

#15 jsbarnes

jsbarnes

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

Yeah that's kind of what I thought should happen - but it does not! So for example I go to Pages>shop>PageLines Meta Settings and select for example 'Hide Branding' and press save then view the shop page nothing changes. I works for the other pages - racking Your Order, Checkout, Product Archives etc So I must have a bug in there somewhere? I have tried deactivating all other plugins but no joy. Any other thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks John

#16 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hi John, Perhaps we can set up a screen sharing session and I can assist you with any questions about setting up Jigoshop and PageLines to fit your needs. Get back to me with some times that you are available and I will fit you into my schedule.

#17 jsbarnes

jsbarnes

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

Henry That would be really useful Not sure what time zone you are in but I guess that my evening would be better for you so I can do anything from 6pm BST much appreciated John

#18 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi John, I must apologize having just seen your reply. It's a bit late for you, I'm sure. I am out all day Friday but perhaps we could do this Saturday morning (my time). Henry wasn't aware I'm the chap who does the screen shares. I'm in the New York City area, so EDST. Let me know if 1PM your time works?

#19 jsbarnes

jsbarnes

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

Im still here pressing buttons on not getting the result I hope for! If you can do a screenshare soon I can stay awake a little longer. you may want to take a look at both these sites on which I have installed framework and jigoshop. On both I can control the layout of every page except for the shop pages. I have also tried sing shop plugin and the same occurs?

and

Thanks

#20 jsbarnes

jsbarnes

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

that should have said using the Shopp puling by the way!