Photo
- - - - -

website looks a real mess on Blackberry Torch...isnt Framework mobile ready?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

Hi! My website looks a real mess on the blackberry torch, but fine on ipad and iphone. I'm wondering how to "clean it up for blackberry? Iunderstand framwork comes "mobile ready" so is putitng a plug like wptouch going to make it worse on iphone? Best advise for making the website look great on blackberry, much appreciated...I'm happy with it looking like "normal" for iphone users.. Tnanks.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hi Biznit, I don't have a Blackberry, so is it possible for you to take a screenshot so we can see the problem please.

#3 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

One screenshot here... another lower down the page here:

Its a real mess! Thanks for help...I've had a number of comments...is it going to show up fine in iphone? Or should do?! many thanks

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

Are you using any sort of mobile plugin? Have you tried unchecking the "mobile optimized view" to see if that makes it look any better (PageLines -> Settings -> Layout Editor)?

#5 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

Yes I disabled the mobile view and its still a mess...I also looked at it on a iphone and an android phone and its the same problem...

Its like the white background isnt wide enough for the screen so the text bleeds out over the edge onto the background? It seems ok on an ipad...but its also a problem when I rotate the ipad to vertical....and there seems to be a strange embedded you tube video on the front page of the ipad? mmm

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hi Biznit, So I can try to reproduce the issue, would it be possible for you to take screenshots of your color control and layout settings please and provide them your reply. Also any other layout settings you may have. As a quick test, would it be possible to disable all active plug-ins and then view your website on your Blackberry and see if the issue persists please.

#7 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Fixed it...I'd put a video in the secondary sidebar which the layout didn't like playing with. Once this was deleted it seemed to work. Not sure why a hidden sidebar video should have spoilt layout on mobile (and not on laptops) - but seems to be ok now.

#8 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

In addition to above....I assume if I'd originally disable plug ins (and hence the video sidebar widget plugin)....it should have appeared fine and therefore pointed to a plugin/widget problem. Thanks!

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

Should you need it, we do provide a Browser Specific CSS plugin via The Store. Video is inherently non-responsive because whatever the source is, the size must be resized proportionately. If that proportioned size gets out of proportion to the rest of the site, the site will break.

#10 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

I fixed this issue....there was a weird problem with my plugins....a strange video messing stuff up that was coded wrong...weirdly the website looked fine on a normal browser but not on mobile...

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Glad you fixed it. Plugins can be wonderful, or one giant creator of messes. Gotta love 'em!