Feature height not working, even after trying suggested CSS fix

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roald

roald

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hi, I tried: #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 330px; } to set the height of the feature to 330px. I can see that the browser tries to set it to 330 and then pops to original size again so hence not working for me. I must be missing something but can't find what. I also tried adding the body selector but doesn't help me either. Any help very welcome! Thanks in advance

#2 roald

roald

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Just wanted to add that I saw this in my code:
probably why it goes to 602px. Would like to know where this can be changed

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

You're using a huge image in your slider, and trying to scale it down (crop) but the system is designed to proportionally scale, not to crop the image. According to the info I get when I view image info, it is, in fact, scaled down. For some things, it's important to simply use a graphics editor and resize the image, and crop using either canvas size or simply copying the image into a pre-sized space. Once you have a 330px high image, there won't be any need for CSS. Instead, just make a box set for that size, apply that image to a slide and make sure the Meta settings on the page where you're applying it have 330px set as the height for that box set.