Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Resizing The Feature Image

Question

Posted · Report post

I currently have featured images (thumbnails) displaying on my blog at 150x150 for each post. I want to change that to 250x250... Here's my .css (...but it's not working?!?)

.post-thumb { margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; } .post-thumb .c_img { width: 250px; height: 250px; background:transparent!important; box-shadow:0 0 0!important; border:0 none!important; }

34 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

anyone? anyone? lol

Posted · Report post

I will check with Robert to see if he can schedule something with you.

Posted · Report post

@rhelling... How's Tuesday at 2PM EST?

Posted · Report post

Tomorrow (day) is kinda bad, but I think I might be able to correct this myself. Catrina was correct with the (width: 25%;) thing. I was messing around in FireBug and when I got to the element style, I deleted the 25% and it appeared correctly. Now, the trick is...how to I code that...or get that to stick!? The html/css with FireBug is: [quote]250 element.style { max-width: 250px; [b]width: 25%;[/b] }[/quote] I want it to read: [quote]250 element.style { max-width: 250px; }[/quote]

Posted · Report post

I don't think you should be setting a max-width because if you have the settings correct at Dashboard > Settings > Media, WP should be creating a new thumbnail size of 250px x 250px. As pointed out this will normally affect only new posts. However, the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin should regenerate every one of them to the new default thumbnail size. It doesn't expand the old one, but takes the original file and makes a new image size. This issue shouldn't have ever needed any CSS. Let me know if you need more help with this.

Posted · Report post

Hmmmm.... I'm fine with removing the 'max-width' as well (I know it works if I remove the width percentage though)....but the point is...how do I change the element style? I changed the code with FireBug temporary to get it to look right while viewing it. Now I need to change it permanently...and I can't figure out how to make those revisions stick. My thumbnails are set to 250x250 and I've overused the Regenerate Thumbnail tool. I don't know where the max-width / width percentage data is coming from... I don't think that a CSS like the following will work: [quote].element.syle { max-width: 250px; }[/quote]

Posted · Report post

You can overide with something like: [code] .post-thumb { max-width: 150px !important; width: 100% !important; } [/code]

Posted · Report post

Good news! I just added: [quote].post-thumb { width: 100% !important; }[/quote] ...and IT WORKED! ;-) (thanks everyone on this one. frustrated me for a while.)

Posted · Report post

We're all glad you resolved it. Bravo!