Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Spacing issue after function included

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi! I inserted the function 'add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons','starlit_book');' because I wanted the image link of the book in the header section. I added the following css to it to get it positioned where it is right now div.starlitbook {float: right; position:relative; bottom:240px; right:48px} But as you can see - the nav starts way below now still keeping the space that the book took. How can I get rid off it so it sits nicely under the social icons again and everything moves up. Thank you!

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Starlit, The issue is that for the book image you're using position:relative, when you should be using absolute. Simply replace your code with the one below [code]div.starlitbook { float: right; position: absolute; top: 100px; right: 48px; }[/code]

Posted · Report post

@ Danny thank you very much. works great. one more question. Now that I have inserted the function and installed the base theme, I can't seem to choose a template anymore when I add another page or edit existing pages? Any idea what went wrong? thank you

Posted · Report post

Hi Starlit, Would it be possible to post a screenshot of the issue please, I am not quite sure what you're referring too.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny! I found the solution. I added something to the name of the Base Theme which was apparently the problem. Thank you.

Posted · Report post

Glad you figured it out! If you consider this topic resolved, please "accept" an answer. Thanks!