Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Orbit Theme - SubNav formatting errors

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm having one issue with Orbit, and it's frustrating because I only have a very basic understanding of CSS. My main-nav uses submenus with the down arrows. On the home page, it works great, but when I am actually on one of the subpages from the menu, the formatting for the submenu is completely jacked. It appears that the submenu backgrounds take on the same transparency as the current page ancestor up top. That makes the text float over the page without any background at all. I presume this is not how it was supposed to be, but I am not good enough at CSS to know how to fix it. Here is the current style.CSS from Orbit... roughly line 195. ========== /*Main nav*/ .bc1, .cnt-comments a, #wp-calendar caption, input, textarea, .searchform .searchfield, .wp-caption, .commentlist .alt, #wp-calendar #today, .post-nav, .current_posts_info, .post-footer, .thecarousel, .success, .content-pagination a .cp-num, .hentry table .alternate td, .playpause, #page .wp-pagenavi a, .main-nav li:hover, .main-nav .current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li li { background-color: transparent !important;} .main_nav .current-menu-item a { color: #fff !important;} ul.sf-shadow ul.sub-menu, ul.sf-shadow ul.children { background: transparent!important; } ========== Aside from the last entry that's missing a space before the !important, what do I need to do to fix this CSS so that submenus operate properly when on a submenu's page? I appreciate anyone's advice on this. Thanks! Brad Main site: http://www.theCruiseHunters.com Subpage: http://www.thecruisehunters.com/cruise-lines/carnival-cruise-lines/

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Brad, Since you're using Orbit, a premium child theme, you should really visit and use the "Contact" button for support directly from the developer. Unfortunately, I do not have Orbit or access to it for testing, so your solution is the theme developer directly.

Posted · Report post

Brad i have the same problem, and you give me the answer: bc1, .cnt-comments a, #wp-calendar caption, input, textarea, .searchform .searchfield, .wp-caption, .commentlist .alt, #wp-calendar #today, .post-nav, .current_posts_info, .post-footer, .thecarousel, .success, .content-pagination a .cp-num, .hentry table .alternate td, .playpause, #page .wp-pagenavi a, .main-nav li:hover, .main-nav .current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li li { background-color: [b]#YOURCOLOR [/b]!important;}

Posted · Report post

@pagelines13 Is that CSS code the solution you have for the problem or...?