Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Installing pagelines lite I get a server error

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi folks, I'm installing locally from scratch a wordpress installation but as I try to activate the pagelines lite theme I get this message:

Server error
	The website encountered an error while retrieving http://localhost:8888/wordpress/wp-admin/themes.php?action=activate&template=pagelines&stylesheet=pagelines&_wpnonce=64565fe91a. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
	Here are some suggestions:
	Reload this webpage later.
	HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

I did a bunch of installations but always getting this server error. Where am I doing mistakes? :-?

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Ruben, I have just installed the PageLines Lite edition on a local setup without any issue. Therefore, would it be possible for you to reply and provide the following information please. ??? What software are you using for your local setup ? ??? What version of PageLines LIte are you trying to install ? ??? How did you install PageLines Lite? ??? What is the name of the folder for the theme ? (look in wp-content/themes/)

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, [list] [*]I run MAMP 2.0.5 [*]Pagelines Lite 1.0.7 [*]Installed theme from the WP dashboard importing the zip file [*]the folder is called pagelines [/list]

Posted · Report post

Hi Ruben, Try stopping the Server on the MAMP menu screen and once they have stopped (red lights), press the Start Server button so the lights go green and see if that fixes the error.

Posted · Report post

Was that easy? It's working, thank you!

Posted · Report post

Hi Ruben, No problem, happy to help!