• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 markgilchrist

markgilchrist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

I need to remove "On," the date and the comma after the date from the meta section of only three specific posts. Please advise. Thanks!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

In which three specific posts is "On" appearing? Is it appearing on the main blog page or inside the posts themselves?

#3 markgilchrist

markgilchrist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:35 AM

It actually appears in the meta line of each blog post, both on the main blog page and with the full post, e.g., "On July 2, 2011, in Family Life, by LifestyleMom." I would like to remove "On July 2, 2011, " so the meta line reads, "in Family Life, by LifestyleMom" and I would like to do it for the second, third and fourth posts listed on the homepage. Their post IDs are 886, 880 and 421 respectively.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

Hi Mark, I have tried but I honestly don't think this is possible unfortunately and if it is, would require support beyond what we offer in the support forums. Therefore, I recommend you contact on the PageLines Pros but honestly, I don't think it's possible :( http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

#5 markgilchrist

markgilchrist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

I thought it could be accomplished with a conditional statement in the _posts.php file, e.g., if post ID is 886 or 880 or 421, show only the category and author in the meta info, otherwise use what's normally there. I just didn't know how to write the code. Any ideas?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

Unfortunately, the only idea here worthwhile would be to seek the assistance of one of our pros via http://www.pagelines.com/pros. You can very easily edit the metabar via Dashboard > Settings > Blog and Posts by removing it from the Meta bar. However, there is no known means of setting up a conditional setting. That would require a custom script be written and as Danny pointed out, it's beyond the scope of forum support.