Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to remove just the date from the meta bar in iBlogPro 4

Question

Posted · Report post

I need to remove "On," the date and the comma after the date from the meta section of only three specific posts. Please advise. Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

In which three specific posts is "On" appearing? Is it appearing on the main blog page or inside the posts themselves?

Posted · Report post

It actually appears in the meta line of each blog post, both on the main blog page and with the full post, e.g., "On July 2, 2011, in Family Life, by LifestyleMom." I would like to remove "On July 2, 2011, " so the meta line reads, "in Family Life, by LifestyleMom" and I would like to do it for the second, third and fourth posts listed on the homepage. Their post IDs are 886, 880 and 421 respectively.

Posted · Report post

Hi Mark, I have tried but I honestly don't think this is possible unfortunately and if it is, would require support beyond what we offer in the support forums. Therefore, I recommend you contact on the PageLines Pros but honestly, I don't think it's possible :( http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Posted · Report post

I thought it could be accomplished with a conditional statement in the _posts.php file, e.g., if post ID is 886 or 880 or 421, show only the category and author in the meta info, otherwise use what's normally there. I just didn't know how to write the code. Any ideas?

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, the only idea here worthwhile would be to seek the assistance of one of our pros via http://www.pagelines.com/pros. You can very easily edit the metabar via Dashboard > Settings > Blog and Posts by removing it from the Meta bar. However, there is no known means of setting up a conditional setting. That would require a custom script be written and as Danny pointed out, it's beyond the scope of forum support.