• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ecee

ecee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hi, I have Pagelines and are looking for options to start off with a good child theme. When I look at some themes I can buy, they look like they have been built with Pagelines, as I see your typical objects and structure. But these themes are not marketed as "Pagelines" themes. Now I wonder if I would buy such a theme, would it be possible to build further on it using Pagelines framework? Or can that have been disabled or modifies? Also, I use Jigoshop/Pagelines plugin. Can that be affected by a child theme? Thanks!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

What themes are you referring to? Are they child themes that you've found on Google that are made by other developers? I don't think the Jigoshop/PageLines plugin should be affected by a child theme.

#3 ecee

ecee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Hi, I have seen quite a lot of these themes on for example themeforest.net (can't find a really good example right now though). So they are regular themes. If a theme is made with Pagelines it would just be a good starting point, but as pagelines is also a theme it wouldn't work...? It was just a thought I had if you could use it together somehow... Thanks!

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

PageLines is more of a Framework/platform (for example, this framework is required in order for you to use other PageLines themes such as iBlogPro5 and Ignite in addition to PageLines Pro, which is a theme built around Framework).