• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 evert100

evert100

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

For my training i was wondering how to import pagelines settings, layout, etc from a local installation to an actual website. The same question is for wordpress. It would save me time to import a lot of settings. I know there is this export option at the tab Account. What is exactly being exported? Can i influence this? How does this relate to the export from Wordpress, where it's possible to choose Boxes, banners and features. Same question here. And what if i choose whole content at wordpress export? I am not so much interested in content but more in basic settings from Wordpress and Pagelines. Maybe it's not so relevant that it is a local installation, it could also be picked from a install which is live on the Internet. Hope you have time to provide me, and others!, with a detailed description. Thanks!

#2 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

@evert100: The PageLines export file will export all of the settings you created in the PageLines settings for your site. The Wordpress Export will export all of the content you have created (basically). When you get to the Wordpress Export, it will Export everything. At the import phase, you get to deiced what you pull in and where. Keep in mind that you need to consider installed plugins, themes (Pagelines Base them), etc....

#3 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

You can read over this Wiki document for more info:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 evert100

evert100

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Thanks. Although it is very general it's of some help. The pagelines import/export works very good. Unfortunately there are a few bugs, where settings are not imported the right way. No big things, but still. For instance when i see no rss button, it's still on. But the meta and template settings save time. We can close.