Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Assign color to the title of a category

Question

Posted · Report post

I have several categories and I want to assign a specific color/background, to the title of the post/article with a specific category. when I write an article, I assign a category to this article, the title of this article automatically gets the color/backgroung-color... of the respective category. Any plugin? Tanks i Love PageLines!!

1 person likes this

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

There isn't a plugin, but there is a way using CSS. Using Firebug, you can inspect the category page for the CSS elements that you need to add to your Custom CSS settings. For example, the CSS you'd need would look something like this: [code]body.category-id-# h2.selectortitlehere {color: #xxx; background-color: #xxx;}[/code] For further info and instruction, please see this documentation: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS

Posted · Report post

Gonna try firebug. Andd reply soon Tanks Catrina

Posted · Report post

Catrina, after install the firebug, i don't see any line with body.category-id-# h2.[b]selectortitlehere[/b] {color: #xxx; background-color: #xxx;} why?

Posted · Report post

That

is just an example. After the body.category-id-# code, there needs to be a selector for the category title (it can be found by inspecting using Firebug).

Posted · Report post

Catrina, I think I'm doing something wrong. Screen with a firebug for some help. [img]http://sotnasdesign.com/Screen-Shot.png[/img]

Posted · Report post

Tanks Catrina, But I still don't have any solution.

Posted · Report post

The solution! Finally! the css code: [b].category-economia h2.entry-title a { padding-left: 35px; color: rgb(114, 119, 128); }[/b] tanks! I love Pagelines.