Can't get a page to show up in the brandnav

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 scotthuber

scotthuber

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

I've tried doing brandnav, or branding + navigation, even secondary nav, but I have a new page that simply won't show up in the header navigation. The page is here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I tried download WP Super Cache (which wasn't on the site before) I also tried disabling all my plugins I tried moving one of my pages to "draft" to see if I could remove one page, instead of adding, but nothing in the brandnav or navigation on their own are working. I don't have any custom css It's for this site, and I'm happy to let you log in:

I'm concerned that I'll have to hit the "reset to default" pagelines option and have to go back. I asked this as a comment earlier and received no response. Help please?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

Are you currently using a Custom Menu (implemented in Appearance > Menus)?

#3 scotthuber

scotthuber

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Nope, standard... no changes whatsoever.

#4 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

What are your settings under Page Attributes for the Portfolio page?

#5 scotthuber

scotthuber

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

The same as the other pages... (no parent), default and order = 7. Here's a screengrab:

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

What happens if you try to use a Custom Menu? Is there a difference made?

#7 scotthuber

scotthuber

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

I tried the custom nav code from this page:

And it did nothing to 'publish' my portfolio page. It changed the color, though. Can someone from Pagelines please investigate? I've tried every suggestion. The one I haven't tried is going back a version in the framework when it was working, or resetting everything and starting over, which I'd really prefer not to do. Thank you.

#8 scotthuber

scotthuber

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Well I bit the bullet and tried "restore to default" after exporting my settings, and that didn't bring the page "portfolio" to the nav. So next I tried removing the entire theme and going with a default wordpress theme. This worked... it brought "portfolio" into my nav. So then I reset the theme back to the pagelines framework and the link disappeared. So, it appears something in the code is either not recognizing the new page, limiting the number of pages that can show in the nav (which I doubt because I've tried eliminated several of the other published pages to test this and 'portfolio' still never showed up), or something else. Is this a bug? Is it new to this release? Can you duplicate it? Will you please log into my site and try? Anything would help please.

#9 scotthuber

scotthuber

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

Adding to this, so I tried renaming "expo-sure" to "expo-sure2" including the url. This worked. But then when I tried to change the status of that page to "draft" instead of "published" the page stayed. I literally can't get some of the pages to disappear from the nav. I'm assuming this is related.

#10 scotthuber

scotthuber

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

omg I finally found it. It's not in "pagelines --> settings" it's under "appearance --> menus" Sheesh.

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

Glad you found it but Catrina asked you about that much earlier. Menus are not created in PageLines, they're styled or applied. Creation is done as a WP function via Dashboard > Appearance > Menus.

#12 scotthuber

scotthuber

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

True... in re-reading her note, I thought she was asking if I had done a custom menu in the CSS (outside of pagelines). But it makes sense now. I kept looking in the pagelines templates and settings sections.