5 replies to this topic

#1 bsaul

bsaul

Advanced Member

• Members

• 76 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hi I'm working on this new site for a client who has very specific requests, to which I said "PageLines can do all that" ;-) So here I am asking for your expert guidance, please. We want the category page to be centered. Only to show images ( and I'll set the width of each to be the same), but all in one simple, clean column in the middle. Have tried various css options but not working... Any ideas? Thank you Babs

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

You'll probably have to do it all with CSS. Maybe try some margin settings or text-align. For the stuff you don't want to display, you can use the display property but you will need to make sure you add the parent level ID/class for the body or it will apply to all other elements on the site. Keep in mind we can't design your site for you but we can try to help point you in the right direction. ;)

#3 bsaul

bsaul

Advanced Member

• Members

• 76 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Oh I do appreciate that, Jenny - it's my job to put the site together and I do look forward to helping others here as I get to grips with bending PageLines to my will ;-)

#4 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If this rescales other images that it shouldnt, cascade it the way you want.
Hope this helps.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Babs, On my own site, I created custom category (static) pages, with subcategories (I have lots of those) listed and linked below. I used an image but in essence, each link to the subcategories could have been manually entered and attached to an image (I used a plugin for that bit). If you want more info on that, let me know. I think Simple_mama's on the right track though.

#6 bsaul

bsaul

Advanced Member

• Members

• 76 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Thanks for your replies. What I'm doing instead is using Tumblr and editing that theme. I accepted rangealone's answer as I am finding the need to create individual category pages for the archives anyway, so that they show how I want them to. For that though I will need to find a better, automatic solution and when I do, will share it. I reckon I'll be able to give back to the forum after a few more months of being determined to get PageLines bending to my will ;-)