• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

I've created a custom Section with extended author information which can be adjusted through the backend. (If some1's interested, drop me a msg.) Now I want to display a Authors listing, where all my authors are listed. Basically I want to have a loop that retrieves all Authors/Users (above certain privilage) and display them. Basically a Section loop. Would I create a new page template with the loop, or is it better to create a custom section which includes the loop? Also, how do I add a Shortcode to the functions.php to have a shortcode that displays the author info box?

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

This is beyond the scope of our support forum as you are getting in to development here, but for a little reading:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 gyoery

gyoery

Advocate

• Members

• 252 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

yea, I just wanted some pointers on how to start, but it seems I just outgrown this forum... :(

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Simple_mama's correct that this is an unsupported activity for the forum. If you have a developer license, you should be able to access developer videos and resources. If not, then customizations require a pro's assistance.