Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where do I find the Searchfield CSS

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I have a separate forum search and would like to give that search field the same design as the search field from my pagelines base theme (with framework). Where do I find the CSS or can anyone provide me with CSS that would render such a search field.. I??m planning on placing it in the header of a phpbb forum. Thanks for any pointers! Nikki

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Nikki, The easiest way would be for you to use either Firebug or Google Chrome's web dev tool to inspect the search CSS. I found the below by viewing the wp-content/themes/pagelines/style.css line 429. [code]/* @ Search Form */ .searchform { position: relative; width: 190px; margin: 3px 5px 3px 0; display: inline-block; } .searchform .searchfield{ width: 100px; height: 13px; padding: 5px 5px 5px 28px; float:right; background:url(images/search-btn.png) no-repeat 5px 50%; -webkit-border-radius: 13px; -moz-border-radius: 13px; border-radius: 13px; -webkit-transition: .7s; -moz-transition: .7s; -o-transition: .7s; transition: .7s; } ::-webkit-input-placeholder { color: rgba(0,0,0,.4); } :-moz-placeholder { color: rgba(0,0,0,.4); } :-ms-input-placeholder { color: rgba(0,0,0,.4); } .searchform .searchfield:focus{ width: 150px; } .billboard .searchfield, #notfound .searchfield{ float: none; } .navigation_wrap .searchform { position: absolute; right: 3px; bottom: 2px; } .searchform input { background:transparent; border:none; } .searchform .searchfield, #forumsidebar input.forumsearchfield{ font-family: "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans", "Lucida Sans Unicode", sans-serif; font-size: 11px; } .searchform input.submit { margin:0; padding:0; position:absolute; right:8px; top:4px; height:17px; width:17px; } .searchform input.submit:hover{border: none;background: none;} [/code]

Posted · Report post

Fantastic Danny, that did the trick! :) Thanks!

Posted · Report post

No problem, happy to help!