bug : Transfert website

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 micheldv

micheldv

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Version : 2.1.5 Hi ! I transferted a website this night from .com/wp/ to .com Okay it was the first time but I read a lot before (wordress codex etc.) So I change the two URL in general settings and then transferts files with filezilla. Finally I spent about 3h30 hours on the website because either template or content disspaers. Althought I put the settings back to /wp/. Finally, I decided to "export" content and settings in case I had to rebuild the hole website (I did a backup in local but that did not work better when remove from the ftp and put the local files I saved). So when I export, documents, then all appaers by miracle (it was 5 a.m so you can image my happiness :D). So I would like to know if some people had this problem ? If that comes from me/pagelines 2.1.5/ someting else because... I have to do the same in few days with my own website :D Another thing : links in boxes/features/... were still with /wp/ so I had to change for all images and links (also for watermark, favicon...)

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hi, Did you follow the instructions on this webpage to the letter ? http://codex.wordpre...oving_WordPress