Hide Particular Category in Latest Blog Posts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bradhensley

bradhensley

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

My site is setup as a blog only with the latest posts hitting the homepage. After a hiatus, I want to start fresh without deleting my "old" posts. To do this I want to move them into a category called 'Archives' and have them not show up on my site (but do want them to show up if someone searches for them there). Is there a way to exclude the category 'Archives' (slug=archives | cat ID=90) from the latest blog posts which shows up on my homepage? Thank you so much in advance! I am tired of searching for the particular answer in the forums... My Blog = www.bradhensley.com

#2 bradhensley

bradhensley

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Secondly, I have PlatformPro

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Won't the post dates remain the same? The blog postings are based on dates of the post, not on categories. So there's really no need to create an archives category. Older posts are archived by WP naturally. That's why they provide the option in sidebars to have a list of archives. New posts will be at the forefront on the blog page just on the basis of their date of publication.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

I just visited your site and it's infected with a trojan. I'd suggest contacting your hosting company and having them help clean it out.

#5 bradhensley

bradhensley

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

I saw that infection too and am working on it now. Sorry for the delay.