Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hide Particular Category in Latest Blog Posts

Question

Posted · Report post

My site is setup as a blog only with the latest posts hitting the homepage. After a hiatus, I want to start fresh without deleting my "old" posts. To do this I want to move them into a category called 'Archives' and have them not show up on my site (but do want them to show up if someone searches for them there). Is there a way to exclude the category 'Archives' (slug=archives | cat ID=90) from the latest blog posts which shows up on my homepage? Thank you so much in advance! I am tired of searching for the particular answer in the forums... My Blog = www.bradhensley.com

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Secondly, I have PlatformPro

Posted · Report post

Won't the post dates remain the same? The blog postings are based on dates of the post, not on categories. So there's really no need to create an archives category. Older posts are archived by WP naturally. That's why they provide the option in sidebars to have a list of archives. New posts will be at the forefront on the blog page just on the basis of their date of publication.

Posted · Report post

I just visited your site and it's infected with a trojan. I'd suggest contacting your hosting company and having them help clean it out.

Posted · Report post

I saw that infection too and am working on it now. Sorry for the delay.