10 replies to this topic

#1 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 308 posts
  • LocationBreda, The Netherlands

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hi, I'm working on a new site, very beginning at the moment, and I'm trying to place my wordpress site description after the site title instead of below. At the moment is is like this: Energetic learning What do you need for that? And I want it to be like this: Energetic learning. What do you need for that? I have Googled for quite a while but it seems that this is not a regular question, or either I'm using the wrong search terms. You could argue that I could place all the info in the site title field, but I'd like to give the description a smaller typesize and a different colour and therefore using both fields gives me more flexibility. I've looked into header.php of the pagelines framework where some websites pointed me too, but I can't find any leads there. Maybe because header.php loads information from other files? I'm not an expert in php. Thanks for any help. Jan

#2 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hoi @janpeeters: The site description is set in WordPress. Font size & colour for "wat heb jij daarvoor nodig?" can be changed through CSS. You can change the font size here: h6.site-description { font-size: 1.5em; You'll have to dig into the CSS in order to change the font color as the site description is inherited from the theme's H6 properties. Veel geluk!

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17919 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hi Jan, The simplest way to achieve this would be to simply create an image using software such as GIMP or Photoshop and use the text tools. Save the image, then upload it as your logo. I did a quick for you below.

#4 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Danny Is correct. I misread your question Jan.

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

If you want the blog description to be text rather than included in an image, that's possible, too.

#6 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 308 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hi all, Thanks for your replies and sorry for my late response but strangely enough I didn't get notifications of your reactions. I must have forgotten to tick a box. ;-) It would be preferable to have it done in text for SEO reasons. So Catrina can you let me know how you would achieve this? Thanks in advance, Jan

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

Jan, I think Catrina was just pointing out that you can include it in WP's general settings. I don't know how it's possible to do what you're trying to do, but if you can provide us with some links to the posts you referred to, guiding the solution in the header file, we'll take a look and see how this is possible, if at all. It may need to be added to Custom Code or in a function.

#8 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 308 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hi Rangelone, Thanks for responding. i can't find the post that I referred to anymore really weird. But I I tried the following options on my template theme's style.css. But with no succes. I hope you have some idea. Thanks in advance, Jan

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17919 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hi Jan,

Can you try this please, add the below code to your custom CSS.

#10 janpeeters

janpeeters

Advocate

• Members

• 308 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

Hi Danny,

That worked like a charm. I've used

instead of 10.5. Spacing is a bit nicer like that, but that might differ per browser and platform so i have to test that.

Thanks a lot, really appreciated,
Jan

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17919 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hi Jan, No problem, happy to help!