• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bauerhaus

bauerhaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

My client just added a third tier into the menu Navigation and it is not showing up on the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Specifically, I am missing three pages under "Resorts." I double checked the admin and took this

Everything looks set up correctly, but on the site, the three pages under "resorts" are not showing. Is this a Pagelines setting or issue that is stopping the three pages from showing up?

#2 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

@bauerhaus: I see the 3 Disney options as being the 4th NAV level.

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

I see what you're seeing, @bauerhaus. I think that it could be a navigation depth issue where it's set at 2 when it should be set at 3 or higher in order to display the 3rd tier/great grandchild pages. Try adding this filter to your functions.php file (in the PageLines Customize plugin or the base theme) and change the depth number to 3:

#4 bauerhaus

bauerhaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

@Webwrx what browser are you in? @catrina - thanks for that suggestion. I tried adding that code to the Functions.php file in the Pagelines Customize plugin, but it didn't work. I also tried bumping it up to a depth number of 5, but still no luck. Any other ideas?

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hm, I think that code will only work for the dropdown menu widget. I'm trying to search for another solution by looking for anything pertaining to WordPress menu depth. If you activate the Twenty Eleven or any other theme, does the problem persist?

#6 bauerhaus

bauerhaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Thanks @catrina - I don't want to activate the Twenty Eleven theme, as we are live right now. Just went live about 3 days ago. I guess I could copy the site onto another subdomain, but I have a feeling that will take forever. Any other work arounds I could try?

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

If you're live, you can install and activate the Ultimate Coming Soon plugin (

) to enable an "under maintenance" page your visitors will see so that you can activate Twenty Eleven and quickly check your site's menus to see how they're behaving.

#8 bauerhaus

bauerhaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

@catrina If I activate another theme, and then come back to Framework, am I going to lose any of the customizations and settings I have currently?

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

You wouldn't, because you wouldn't be deleting the theme and re-installing it. It's just being deactivated for the time being.

#10 bauerhaus

bauerhaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Also, digging around I found this in the forums. Would you suggest trying something similar?

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Maybe something like it would work, but _nav.php doesn't exist in PageLines Framework. You'd need to change the line arpowers pointed out in the library.templates.php file. In order to do that, you'll need to install the base theme (its purpose and usage is explained here:

), make a copy of the file, and put it in the base theme folder then make the code change in there.

#12 bauerhaus

bauerhaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

I will try the above tomorrow. I also just found this, but it is for Platform. I realize Framework names files differently, but could something similar would work?

#13 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Hi. Wordpress, by default, limits the menu to Parent > Child > Grandchild. Your client seeks to have Greatgrandchild menu items and that requires extreme customization of WordPress AND PageLines (whether Framework or Platform). I searched a number of sources including:

and all the links you've provided. None have the right code to increase the level of the menus by one (though obviously many would love to). For this issue, I'm afraid the only possible options are: provide an alternate means of navigation for the greatgrandchild level or; hire a pro developer from our authorized Professionals and see if they can come up with a solution.

• mrtripper likes this