#1 chasenet

chasenet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hi folks

I've replaced the Google ad in my header with an animated gif. Position is perfect but the link isn't working. I must have overlooked something but the code for image and link works OK in a normal html page.

The ad panel seems to be sharing the link of the actual site logo. But when it was a Google ad it linked fine through to Google.

The code for my pagelines-customize/functions.php below

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

If it isn't clickable, it is most likely a z-index CSS issue. You have to add a high enough z-index to the .leaderboard class to make it show above the header image.

Check out

for more info.

#3 chasenet

chasenet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

Does the pagelines header use z-index?

I tried altering the z-index of the div containing the image and no effect. I don't it's absolutely positioned anyway...

Looking at the site in Firebug the line

goes the full width and I think that's the problem - but how come the google ad worked and not this?

I tried altering the width of mainlogo-link to 580px which stopped the new ad clicking to the sites homepage but it still doesn't link to the site it should... doesn't even show as a link like that.

Any ideas?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Are you adding styling into the hook where you have the div or doing it via Custom Code > CSS Rules? I don't recommend including any styling inside the hook. What z-index did you apply?