Adding an Ad Manager Widget on Header

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mylifefix

mylifefix

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

I am trying to add a widget area to my header, above the social icons. It will be populated by the ad minister banner manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hi, which plugin are you using? Most ad code is embedded in the branding area (part of the overall header), aligned with the logo. That said, you can drag the Full Width or Universal Sidebars into the Header at Dashboard > PageLines > Templates after selecting Header on the graphic map. Whether it's above or below the branding or menu is up to you. For an ad, I'd suggest above the branding to increase visibility. Once you have the sidebar installed, just go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and drag a text widget over to the sidebar you installed and paste your ad code there. Save the widget and the ad will appear (remember, some ad code can take an hour or longer before it first shows up). If you'd prefer to place the ad next to the branding logo, please let us know and we'll guide you to how to had a hook.

#3 buwebservices

buwebservices

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

You can't drag over a full width sidebar in the header, at least that option isn't showing up for me.

#4 mylifefix

mylifefix

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Thanks, that sounds good. I am thinking now that I'm not going to use it next to the branding but under so that will make it all good. Thanks for the response.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

@buwebservices, not sure what product you're using but in PageLines Framework, under Dashboard > PageLines > Templates in the Header, the option to drag and drop the Universal and Full Width sidebars should exist UNLESS they're used elsewhere. If, for example, you have the Full Width Sidebar in your Footer, then yes, you won't find it available in the Header. Otherwise, it should be there. @mylifefix... It was a pleasure. Glad you've elected to use the hook.