Framework Pro - Custom Post types meta

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bshanahan

bshanahan

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Hi, I am looking at purchasing Framework Pro, however I would like to understand if a function exists that would be greatly beneficial for my intended use. Is it possible in Frameworks to create additional post template/custom post types to manage meta settings (In addition to the default Blog, Archive, Category etc)? I would like a large selection of posts (in the same category) to be full screen as opposed to my global site setting of 2 sidebars. Currently the only way I can see to do this is via the meta settings within each individual post. I am unable to test this function via the demo site.

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Would something like this work for you: http://www.pagelines...m_Page_Template

#3 bshanahan

bshanahan

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

I cannot test this in the demo of lite version, but how would I apply this to a group of posts? Would something like the 'Category Templates Two' plugin enable me to apply this template to post category? It appears to be for Pages only, not posts. I wish there was a way to try/confirm this functionality in the demo versions. A fully-functional but watermarked/time-limited demo would be amazing. Shame Wordpress does not provide this functionality to premium developers.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

Hi, The Category page template can be customised but this layout is then universal to all Category pages unfortunately. This is due to these "page" being considered special page templates by Wordpress. Having different layouts on a per category basis is something that is not currently possible in PageLines Framework. However an alternative would be to use Custom Post Types.

#5 bshanahan

bshanahan

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

Thanks Danny, Can you confirm Custom Post Types will allow me to manage the meta settings for all posts of this type, as opposed to having to configure layout for each post individually? Brendan

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

Brendan, I don't believe Custom Post Types will create a global meta setting. You'd need one of our Pro developers for this type of customization. Please see http://www.pagelines.com/pros

#7 bshanahan

bshanahan

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Ok, thanks for confirming. Is there a public roadmap of future improvements?

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

There isn't a public road map, but there are customer requests that are included in staff weekly reports. They're submitted by staff to inform developers of reoccurring issues and feature requests.