Photo
- - - - -

Ecopro - Continue Reading link on category pages

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 nateman42

nateman42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

Hi there! In the Ecopro template, is there a way to have the "continue reading" link after excerpt text on category pages? Right now, it looks like this is only able to be displayed on the blogs page in the standard options. This means that on the category pages, the user must know to click on the article title to see the full article, which is not the experience that I want.

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:11 PM

Yes, Let's modify some code in theloop.php Find this line: ` ID)): // 'Continue Reading' link ?> ` and add a `|| is_category()` to the end inside the last bracket.

#3 nateman42

nateman42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

Thanks! Sorry for the completely newbie follow up question, but, where can I make this modification? Is this a change that I can make from my wordpress dashboard? Or, do I need to do this from my hosting account? Any advice that you can provide would be appreciated.

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

You can find this code by going to the dashboard then go to APPEARANCES > EDITOR and scroll down the right column until you find _theloop.php

#5 clicatt

clicatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

I have the same problem than Nathan, try to apply the solution given but I couldn't find _theloop.php neither using Appearances>Editor nor going through folders and files. Any help will be very appreciated!

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:38 PM

the file is different depending. if you don't see theloop.php then you'll need to look at _posts.php They are the same thing.

#7 clicatt

clicatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

Thanks. I got it! Works fine.

If you have the same problem, this is what you have to get in the _posts.php, line 45

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

the result here (in French) :

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#8 peopleu2

peopleu2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:43 PM

I don't see this line in _posts.php