Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Positioning Elements Correctly within a Content Box

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I am working at positioning 4 separate elements within a Content box. I am part way there having created my 4 CSS elements and having inserted the requisite HTML code. My issue is that I cannot get them to align properly (they need to be in a row horizontally. As you can see I have started to get things aligned: http://cl.ly/3N3e323R2c06073V2k32. But I do need some coaching (obviously). I could probably make it work. But I am unsure as to how compliant I'd be! Any help will be appreciated (realizing that I may be pushing the boundaries of reasonable technical support.). ^#(^

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Okay, I'm unclear which element is which, but if I get this right, you basically want this to be 4 elements side by side in a single row. I realize this is really antiquated, but had you thought about using a table? Is each element wrapped in a different class? Is there a common element to them? As an image, I can't see the source code or CSS behind them.

Posted · Report post

@rangelone: Yes you are correct. The first 2 elements are images, the 3rd is text, and the last is an image. I thought of a table but decided against it. Each element has already been assigned a class. If you go to the site URL , you will see the area outlined in the screenie I posted. I have already inserted the HTML for the elements. You will see that they are not aligned properly. You will also see that I am "armed and dangerous" when it comes to CSS - LOL. :-) PS Food Expert? Tell me more!

Posted · Report post

I think you can try using DIV layers (aligned in 4 columns using CSS) to position the 4 elements the way you want. This tutorial explains the general idea (except with 3 columns) but it can be adapted to include 4 columns: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/use-css-floats-to-create-a-three-column-page-layout/5160911

Posted · Report post

Thanks @catrina & @rangelone! I will give this a whirl later today. You guys really are awesome.