Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Template Footer Options

Question

Posted · Report post

I'd like to add some simple HTML to the footer of our site. Not sure which is the best option to use: http://cl.ly/1n2w3z081c0m3d3z1M1B I was hoping that the standard Content Box would be a viable option. But it seems not to be the case. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hey There! The Content Box should be perfect for that. I actually just used this today to place a call to action globally across a site with custom HTML and CSS put right into the Custom CSS box. What type of trouble are you encountering? Nick

Posted · Report post

Howdie @beardedavenger (Nick): That is my dilemma. The Content Box does not appear as an option in my template. Have a look at the screenie I posted. b-(

Posted · Report post

Alas, it seems you are correct. OK so two things come to mind; 1. Will it work for your situation in the MoreFoot area? It seems the content box will work there. 2. We can use a hook and put something in by going commando on functions.php. What do you think? The first option is easier, but may not work for your situation so let us know! Nick

Posted · Report post

@beardedavenger: I did try that but am having issues with the amount of Content Boxes I already have (3). I added a forth and it ended up picking up a Content Box I had already implemented in my Blog template. I'll look at it tomorrow. My head hurts. Your "going commando" comment scares me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_commando (LOL). Thanks for the advice Nick. :ar!

Posted · Report post

Let us know what happens when you take a look at it :)

Posted · Report post

@catrina & @beardedavenger: So I added a simple content box to MoreFoot so I could implement some HTML globally...Now, where in the world do I do the actual editing?

Posted · Report post

Hi WebWerx, You would need to use the Site Defaults located in PageLines > Meta > Site Defaults.

Posted · Report post

Getting there @Danny. I implemented things where you suggested and it works (almost). For some reason, it is not showing up on my default template even though is activated and working on other templates (IE Template 1). Hmmmm ??????

Posted · Report post

Make sure you don't have it set to hide on that page. As an alternative, you can use the footer columns section, choose only 1 column (header & footer settings), and then add a text widget with your HTML in the widgets section.

Posted · Report post

Hi @simple_mama: Your solution looks like it will work. I'd like to assign a CSS class to the text widget. Is that possible? I didn't see a spot to do so.

Posted · Report post

You can apply a class to the text inside the text widget as easily as creating a div and class manually. Just remember to close the div at the end.

Posted · Report post

Thanks @rangelone. I knew I could do that. I was just hoping for some consistency. :)