7 replies to this topic

#1 veronica

veronica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

I am trying to get images to show up on my blog index page. I believe this is done through setting a "featured image" on individual blog posts. My theme options are as follows: Under Theme Options --> "Post Thumbnail Placement" --> All blog/post pages is selected. Under Theme Options --> "Features on Blog/Posts Page" --> Show feature template on posts page is selected Under "Featured Image" on a post, when I try to set it, the image successfully uploads but when I click on "insert into Post" or "Save all Changes", the post itself doesn't show any changes and the image doesn't appear anywhere. However, under "featured image" under "Gallery", it shows the image.
  • assomibatrifs likes this

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Hi Veronica! Yup you are correct it's set using the Featured Image. However, there is no "saving" or "inserting." I always found this rather strange so I can see how it can be confusing. So, when you click the text that says "use this as featured image," that's it. You don't even have to save the post or update it. Just close out the window and you should be good to go. Let us know if this works for you. Nick

#3 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17600 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hi Veronica, Nick is spot on and yes it is confusing. I have accepted Nicks answer, should you require further assistance. Simply reply here.

#4 veronica

veronica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. As per the bottom of my original post, the problem is not that under the featured image "gallery" things don't show up, the problem is that the page itself doesn't reflect any of the images that successfully load, nor does the blog index page show any of the featured images. In other words, I understand how to set the featured image...the problem is that it doesn't properly do it.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

Veronica, I'm unclear why this is happening to the feature image/thumbnails. Could you go to Dashboard > Settings > Media and see if the box is checked for "When possible, embed the media content from a URL directly onto the page. For example: links to Flickr and YouTube." and that there's an image size set (default is 150px high and wide (same).

#6 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:31 AM

Just to be perfectly clear, are you following these steps to create a featured image on your blog post?
Posted Image

Click that link.
Then a box pops up to choose where to get your featured image from.

Posted Image

From there upload an image from your computer, and you will be taken to this screen once the image is finished uploading:

Posted Image

From here, you select "Use as Featured Image". Once you've done that, hit Save changes if you wish, and then click the X on the top right. You should see your featured imaging showing where you started from my first image in my post.

EDIT: Please make sure your wp-content/uploads folder is CHMOD'd to 777.

#7 veronica

veronica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

Henry, I changed my ftp folder permissions to 777 from 755 and that did the trick. Thank you so much! :D

#8 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

You're welcome! Let us know if you need any more assistance. :)