#1 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1992 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hi.. I am having the following error every time I make a post on all my sites at W3C. "Bad value for attribute ........ datetime element on time every time I make a post" I installed a wordpress post with only the default welcome and also the W3C gives me the same error. One of the url is to view it www.foro-mac.com.ar Thank you very much in advance. Carlos PD: I'm using WP 3.3.1 - PageLines 2.1.6 and I disable any plugin to check too. PD2: using 2.1.5 on mac-team.com.ar I have no problem

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

The error means that there's an attribute that is given a value that it can't have (for example, there could be something with a space in it and spaces may not even be allowed). When did this error start occurring? Did you make any changes in the functions.php file or any other file?

#3 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1992 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hi catrina No, I didn??t make any change in the function.php or any other file. I am a newbie to change these. :) I insert a few codes in CSS rules only.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Carlos, actually, your only real problem problem appears to be coming from All In One SEOpak which appears to be incorrectly configured. For example, it's creating a tag in the header:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which isn't correct.

The validator doesn't like to see any

without

so it invalidates all the dates and a variety of other tags. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the dates or the coding, which is coming from WordPress, not PageLines. The fact you only have 36 errors and 2 warnings is exceptionally good.

My own site has 159 errors and 100 warnings. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

#5 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1992 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Hi rangelone. So I should not worry today, but since I upload more than 100 weekly post that will not have many more errors than you, if I understand these errors are not important . I did this test, I install a WP without post, only the default welcome and install PageLines version 2.0.0 and had no error "Bad date time value", when I make the upgrade to 2.1.6 the error appeared. I will try to correct the error in All In One SEOpak configuration, I will look like it in internet, I like trying to learn how to do online searching before asking. As always, I thank for your help.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

I'll refer this to one of our developers for a look.

#7 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1992 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Thanks for the look of the error.

#8 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1992 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

More information If I select a static page as the home page the error goes away, this happens when the homepage choose the option to show your latest posts. The error " content="Alkivia Framework" is produced by the Capability Manager plugin. I'm seeing how to fix.

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hi Batman, So the error is caused by Capability Manager ?

#10 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1992 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

No Danny The "Bad date time value" error is in all the blog yet. The error (time) remains unchanged even disabling all plugins, even with an unmodified installation of the theme as Pageline download in a clean Wordpress. The number of errors that appear (W3C) dependent on the number of post displayed on the home page. This is another error that indicated "rangelone" in my blog Only the disappeared by disabling the plugin. Thanks and sorry for my English

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

What is this Alkivia Framework 0.8 ?

#12 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1992 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Hi danny
Look

check my URL
foro-mac.com.ar

You can see the error (it??s first)
Line 43, Column 57: Bad value framework for attribute name on element meta: Keyword framework is not registered.
Only this error disappeared by disabling Capability Manager plugin.

The "Bad date time value" error persists even without any plugin installed.

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hi Batman, I have just ran one of my test sites through the HTML Validator and I am not getting any errors related to Date or Time. Therefore, this has to be related to either some custom code or a plug-in you have enabled. I recommend you disable all active plug-ins and then run your website through the validator again and see if this removed the Data/Time issue.

#14 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1992 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Hi Danny again You can see a test blog, this blog has no installed plugin. www.mac-fotografia.com.ar And the error persists. Remember that if you have select a static page as the home page the error goes away, this happens when the homepage choose the option to show your latest posts. Thanks for your attention.

#15 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Carlos, With respect to the date/time issue, as I pointed out earlier, the error being identified in the validator is actually not about the date and time itself but about the closing angle bracket. This is not a serious problem and is likely caused by some process, such as importing data, a plugin or custom post type. It really doesn't affect anything and won't cause your site to lose either visibility or SEO status. The Capability Manager plugin dates from 2010 and is ONLY compatible to WP 2.9.2. Use of deprecated plugins is a good way to mess up things and it's possible that's the cause of these errors. I'd recommend not using any plugins that are not compatible with the current or most recent versions of WordPress. If it is cited as broken by other users, that's generally a bad sign and should likely be avoided. In the case of Capability manager four out of sixteen (25%) say it is broken. If it (or other plugins) add old code to the database, it's going to be difficult clearing up the errors. The solution in this case is simply to stop using old, outdated plugins, and ignoring unimportant errors they've created in past. Moving forward, with new, contemporary and updated plugins will help prevent such problems in future. I'd recommend checking the compatibility of all your plugins, particularly when you notice a WordPress update.

#16 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

Alkivia is also an outdated plugin dating back to 2010, used to create communities. It too is deprecated and not compatible with WP 3.x

#17 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1992 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Dear "rangelone y Danny" I will eliminate the plugin without a doubt. Besides, I will control the compatibility of all your plugins, especially when there is an update of WordPress. Thank you very much for taking the time.

#18 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Do you need assistance with anything else?

#19 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1992 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

No, thanks catrina very kind of you.